Nature's Gems
"There is beauty if you only look." 

Sign InView Entries
How To Care For Your Gems:

                                                                                      Acrylic Gems         

Maintaining and caring for your Nature's Gems products are quite simple. Each of our acrylic resin pieces are durable, water resistant, and should not shatter if dropped on a hard concrete floor. However, do keep in mind that scratches, dirt, oils, and fingerprints  on resin jewelry are very common especially in pieces worn regularly. Gently wash with a damp cloth or your fingers with mild detergent in circular motions on the surfaces of your pieces. To keep the glistening shine of your jewelry, we recommend frequent buffs with a soft polishing cloth or as needed. Do not expose your jewelry in direct sunlight for excessive periods of time as they can and will lose their lucidness and transform into a tinted yellowish color. When not wearing, store the jewelry in a safe  and padded compartment such as a jewelry box, velvet or sheer pouch, or any small compacted box with protective tissue paper. Please keep in mind that the original black cording that comes standard with Nature's Gems pendants and butterflies are meant for temporary use only until you are able to replace it with a much more durable cord or silver/gold chain designed for extended use. Over time, sweat and wear will begin to break down these temporary cords and they may become brittle and easily pulled apart. 

                                                                        Sterling Silver Snake Chains ​

The best way to keep your silver chain's sparkle is to simply wash it in a phosphate-free detergent and warm water after each wearing, and dry the piece thoroughly with a soft cloth (never paper). Eyeglass cloths are excellent for this purpose. Your jewelry may be stored in an airtight zip-lock polyethylene bag or an anti-tarnish cloth or bag; jewelry chests with anti-tarnish linings are also available. Never store your sterling silver jewelry in newspaper, plastic cling wrap, or cardboard boxes that are not archival, as this will cause the finish to tarnish rapidly. Remove your jewelry before using any product that contains bleach, ammonia, acetone (in many nail polish removers), or turpentine, and before swimming in chlorinated water. These chemicals will break down the alloys in the metal and may leave the surface with pits or a dull finish. Avoid direct contact with perfumes and lotions as they may also affect the finish. To remove mild tarnish from your jewelry, use a silver-polishing cloth. If your silver has developed a patina, there are commercially available silver polishing pastes. Always follow the manufacturers instructions carefully. Use the smallest amount of paste necessary and wipe in a back-and-forth (not circular) motion, using a soft cotton cloth to avoid scratches.

                                                                             Black Widow Pendants                                             

Whenever approaching these highly venomous creatures, we do so with the utmost caution and respect that they demand and deserve. It is always better to be safe than to be sorry. Please keep in mind!!! The spiders used in our necklaces are NOT for children, vigorous wear, or the dangerously curious. These beauties are meant to be admired within the safety and comfort of their vials/resin. They are real black widow specimens with their poison glands and fangs perfectly intact... they are toys. Just as you could accidentally inject yourself with the poison of a dead rattlesnake by stepping on it's head or otherwise piercing your skin with the fangs to naturally release it's toxins, you could, in theory, receive the venom of these black widow spiders. Do not attempt to break the resin to get to the spider inside. For your vial pendants, for your safety, leave the vial sealed and the spider inside! If your vial should somehow break or come unscrewed, take great caution in protecting your hands with thick gloves and dispose of the spider as you would a razor blade, by scooping it up with a piece of cardboard or similar material into a milk carton, sealed jar, or other protective container before putting it in the trash. Flushing the spider down the toilet could certainly work too. The liquid inside is harmless, but if possible, should be cleaned up wearing household gloves and using disposable paper towels and everything, gloves included, carefully thrown in the garbage afterward.